The Asphalt Institute is a U.S.-based international trade association that represents the interests of the asphalt industry. Founded in 1919, the organization is dedicated to promoting the use, benefits, and quality of asphalt materials, as well as providing technical support, educational resources, and research to its members and the public.
The Asphalt Institute’s primary objectives include:
- Developing and disseminating technical information and research related to asphalt materials, pavements, and other related products.
- Promoting the proper design, construction, and maintenance of asphalt pavements to ensure their durability, sustainability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Providing education and training programs for industry professionals, such as engineers, contractors, and government agencies, to enhance their understanding and skills in the use of asphalt materials.
- Advocating for the interests of the asphalt industry and its members on regulatory and legislative matters at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Collaborating with other organizations, agencies, and stakeholders to advance the use of asphalt materials and best practices in pavement construction and maintenance.
Through its various initiatives, the Asphalt Institute aims to support the growth and development of the asphalt industry, improve the quality of asphalt pavements, and contribute to the long-term sustainability and success of the industry.